Skip to main content

R.I.P. Brian Griffin :'(


In a horrific twist, the creators of family guy, killed off a beloved character in the latest episode. Brian Griffin is just a cartoon dog, I know, but his death left me aghast and deeply upset. The episode itself was so heartbreaking and had me in tears.
In the beginning of the episode, Stewie destroys his time machine after he's almost killed during one of his travels and decides that enough is enough.
Along with his best friend Brian, they decide to get a new lease on life by doing something "normal" like playing hockey outside. Huge mistake!
While Stewie goes inside to get something, Brian is run over by a car. The poor dog didn't stand a chance.
I have to say here that the car did see awfully familiar. I don't know why, but the whole thing seemed suspicious. Maybe it will be revisited in a future episode, I guess.
Anyway, just when I thought that there would be a miracle, a deus ex machina on bringing Brian back, he dies! The monitor flat-lines, there's a burial and a month has passed by since his death.
To top it all, the family buys another dog, cementing the fact that Brian is indeed dead.
Stewie can't rebuild his time machine because of missing parts and he can't find another way to bring back Brian?
It's Brian! Bring him back!

I have to admit I never particularly liked Brian except for his interactions with Stewie. Stewie and Brian are the best and their episodes are hilarious and eagerly awaited for. It didn't hit me how much I would miss him until I saw him die on that table. He had only one thing to say, that he loved them all. The tears not only flowed from the cartoon family, but from mine as well and I was shocked by how much Brian had made a place in my heart.

Everyone says that it's just a cartoon and Brian would be back. There are some future episodes titled after him, so I am still holding out hope. However, if he were never to come back, I don't think I could watch my favorite show in the same way again. No one, and I mean no one, can take Brian Griffin's place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Limehouse Golem- My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: When Elizabeth's husband is found dead, all fingers point to her. But is it really her or the work of a serial killer? If like me, you’ve read hundreds of mysteries and are enthused about Sherlock Holmes tales, THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM is actually pretty predictable. Set in the Victorian Era, it promises to instil fear in you. Before Jack the Ripper, there was Golem- such is the tagline and you do want it to be the kind of movie that keeps you guessing until the very end as to the true identity of the killer.   Unlike the Jack the Ripper legend, Golem is easily recognizable in the very first instance the character is introduced.

Delirium (2018)— My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: After leaving the asylum and put in house arrest, Tom begins to believe the house is either haunted or he is hallucinating.  Most times, when we think about criminals, we wonder what could possible have prompted them to fall into a life of crime.

Look Away— my take on the movie with spoilers!

Plot Summary: A bullied girl switches places with her reflection. She soon regrets her decision as people start dying.  What matters most? Looks or confidence? When we see someone for the first time, we do notice their looks, the way they dress. Personality and their ability to initiate and hold a conversation comes second, doesn't it? Imagine meeting someone who is good looking but is dull to the core. Now imagine someone with average looks but is someone you can have fun with or have an intellectual conversation. Which seems more attractive? Look Away takes a very bold stand where appearances are concerned. But also about self-confidence. In the end, the only argument it makes is that one cannot possess both attributes. LOOK AWAY Movie Plot  We are introduced to a timid girl, Maria whose father is a plastic surgeon. Her mother is shown to have no say of her own. She is left to watch her husband ridicule his daughter about not being careful with her looks. Maria has a friend Lily