Skip to main content

Vivid Dreams

Had another vivid dream last night. It was one of those dreams that seem so real and that life that I am leading in it, also feels true. I was someone else but going through the same upheaval of emotions going through in real life, though it isn't mentioned in the dream itself.

Dreams are material for the writer, so I always try to remember the images I had seen and then see if I can use it later on. This one didn't require me to put in much effort to recall.
I was nowhere in particular- just a large earthy plain with nothingness all around. It was night time and there were thousands of stars overhead- something that is never seen in the bright city lights.
All I remember is that I was gazing up and wondering why the moon appeared to be moving further and further away from the Earth until it was just a tiny crescent shape in the sky.

That's when the Earth started to move faster and I could see the rotations of the globe.

Bizarre was the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up. A few years ago, there was news or rumor that the Moon was moving further away from the Earth. Googling it, I found news and entries stating that the end of the world was due.
Umm...okay......

The next was that the tides would become so high that the whole world would be flooded. In the next piece, the sun was getting hotter to the point it would destroy the moon and Earth and so we shouldn't worry about the moon moving away from the Earth.

Let's just say, everything on the Internet is NOT true. A sure fire way to get a nervous breakdown is search for solutions to our own problems. There are thousands of discussion forums, blogs and websites dedicated to how safe we really are not.
Even though I would occasionally search for symptoms and remedies for common ailments over the net, I don't think I'll ever use Search for anything else until I want to go in full panic mode.

This vivid dream taught me that dreams are just dreams and don't always require an explanation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Limehouse Golem- My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: When Elizabeth's husband is found dead, all fingers point to her. But is it really her or the work of a serial killer? If like me, you’ve read hundreds of mysteries and are enthused about Sherlock Holmes tales, THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM is actually pretty predictable. Set in the Victorian Era, it promises to instil fear in you. Before Jack the Ripper, there was Golem- such is the tagline and you do want it to be the kind of movie that keeps you guessing until the very end as to the true identity of the killer.   Unlike the Jack the Ripper legend, Golem is easily recognizable in the very first instance the character is introduced.

Delirium (2018)— My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: After leaving the asylum and put in house arrest, Tom begins to believe the house is either haunted or he is hallucinating.  Most times, when we think about criminals, we wonder what could possible have prompted them to fall into a life of crime.

Look Away— my take on the movie with spoilers!

Plot Summary: A bullied girl switches places with her reflection. She soon regrets her decision as people start dying.  What matters most? Looks or confidence? When we see someone for the first time, we do notice their looks, the way they dress. Personality and their ability to initiate and hold a conversation comes second, doesn't it? Imagine meeting someone who is good looking but is dull to the core. Now imagine someone with average looks but is someone you can have fun with or have an intellectual conversation. Which seems more attractive? Look Away takes a very bold stand where appearances are concerned. But also about self-confidence. In the end, the only argument it makes is that one cannot possess both attributes. LOOK AWAY Movie Plot  We are introduced to a timid girl, Maria whose father is a plastic surgeon. Her mother is shown to have no say of her own. She is left to watch her husband ridicule his daughter about not being careful with her looks. Maria has a friend Lily