Skip to main content

Behind the story- AADITA

While writing about my new book ‘AADITA’ that has just been released, I started to reminisce about the first story I had written- ‘Repeated Lives’. I don’t know what reminded me of it, but I did start thinking about the joyous experience I had writing Talia’s story in Repeated Lives.
She was a girl who had everything, or so she thought. She wasn’t aware of her destiny or how her life was going to change. The things that happened when she relived her life were bound to happen in the previous one, only she didn’t know that. She was living in blissful ignorance that created an illusion of her ideal life.
When she relived her life, she had to face harsh truths earlier in her life and realize her powers could affect peoples’ destinies in various ways. The ‘what if I could have done things differently’ was explored in this story and it was a learning experience for me too, although I hadn’t know it then.
No matter what, you cannot change your destiny.
Aadita is by no means a happy tale. It is based on numerous bullying incidents and cases of emotional abuse. Even though this story is fiction, I couldn't write an ending where everything magically turns in the character’s favor.
The main character- Raina- faces a lot of hardships until she reaches a breaking point, but she does have the strength to stop herself from going overboard. I won’t give away too much of the story, but what I will have to admit is that this is one of the toughest story I had write.
 It took me close to three years to work on this because at one point I was ready to scrap it as it had become too emotionally unsettling for me. I hated writing a few parts but forced myself to as the story demanded I show integrity. I owed my characters to give them a logical and realistic ending.
Unlike my other stories, this one does not have a crazy twist no one can guess. Alright there may be a tiny bit of surprise factor in it- It is a paranormal mystery after all. This is a story with many elements in it. There’s romance, mystery, horror and drama.
And like real life where one must deal with all these things- sometimes at the same time- my character Raina has to as well. At her lowest point, she finds that on top of everything she must deal a ghost that seems intent on hurting her.
When she finds out why, Raina has a difficult decision to make in the end- another chapter that I had much difficulty writing. It was one of those complexities in a plot that requires a plausible ending and that was exhausting.
This story gave me many sleepless nights as I tried to work on how to write it. This was going to be my first novel- length book and it had to be good. The one thing that kept me working on this was because I had started to sympathize with Raina and I can only hope the readers do as well.
So here it is…. Buy the book and read all about Raina and how she solves the mystery while dealing with a bully as well.

Buy it from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Limehouse Golem- My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: When Elizabeth's husband is found dead, all fingers point to her. But is it really her or the work of a serial killer? If like me, you’ve read hundreds of mysteries and are enthused about Sherlock Holmes tales, THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM is actually pretty predictable. Set in the Victorian Era, it promises to instil fear in you. Before Jack the Ripper, there was Golem- such is the tagline and you do want it to be the kind of movie that keeps you guessing until the very end as to the true identity of the killer.   Unlike the Jack the Ripper legend, Golem is easily recognizable in the very first instance the character is introduced.

Delirium (2018)— My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: After leaving the asylum and put in house arrest, Tom begins to believe the house is either haunted or he is hallucinating.  Most times, when we think about criminals, we wonder what could possible have prompted them to fall into a life of crime.

Look Away— my take on the movie with spoilers!

Plot Summary: A bullied girl switches places with her reflection. She soon regrets her decision as people start dying.  What matters most? Looks or confidence? When we see someone for the first time, we do notice their looks, the way they dress. Personality and their ability to initiate and hold a conversation comes second, doesn't it? Imagine meeting someone who is good looking but is dull to the core. Now imagine someone with average looks but is someone you can have fun with or have an intellectual conversation. Which seems more attractive? Look Away takes a very bold stand where appearances are concerned. But also about self-confidence. In the end, the only argument it makes is that one cannot possess both attributes. LOOK AWAY Movie Plot  We are introduced to a timid girl, Maria whose father is a plastic surgeon. Her mother is shown to have no say of her own. She is left to watch her husband ridicule his daughter about not being careful with her looks. Maria has a friend Lily