Skip to main content

December


December has finally arrived and with it the contemplation of what all was achieved this year and what promises the New Year will begin. Will it be better than this year? Will it help me achieve the things I want for myself?

Then my thoughts take me a step back to consider all the things that happened this year. This has been one eventful year for me and quite a learning moment as well. Experiences tend to break all the things that you take for granted and show you new ways to support yourself. The toughest lessons are learned; hearts are broken and with it comes a new sense and a new voice that pushes you up- hopefully not to crumble all over again (so quickly at least).

I can’t say that the lessons I’ve learned from this year are over yet. If I have changed and if I have become resilient, then yes the job is done. But if it’s not….ugh, don’t even want to think about that. I’ll retain my optimism for now and think about my expectations for next year…. which is mostly to survive.

But coming back to the first of December- what I truly love about it is the onset of winter. November did bring in some sporadic rain spells and clouds, but December brings these gorgeous plump grey clouds and cool winds that is my favorite thing about winter. Nothing beats rain of course, but I’ll take clouds and winds too!

Something about the winter beginning fills me up with joy and a part of me is disappointed when the year ends because then it means that I’ll have to wait a whole year for the winter to come again!
That means I’ll have to wait a whole year to gaze at the winter night skies that are filled with stars. Standing in the balcony on a winter night is an exquisite experience especially when the cool winds brush against me and cause me to shiver just a little. Oh and then there’s all the hot drinks that can hardly be enjoyed under the hot summer sun.

Bundling up in shawls and blankets with a hot cup of tea or coffee is another one of winter’s comforts. I can understand when some people say how sick they are of winters and snow, but hey they've never had to live without them. If they did, they would appreciate the pristine white blanket of snow around them and I’m not talking about snow blizzards!

December is also when the best movies come out. It’s the end of the year and every film industry decides to put out their best products out. I haven’t decided which movie I want to watch, hopefully there’ll be something I would want to watch.

As for my writing, I’m working on a few ideas and thinking about writing my very first Romance. The only issue I’m having with it is that I keep trying to add a fantasy element to it or a mystery at least. Or a horror….?

Nope, can’t do that.

Writing an all-out Romance will be quite a challenge and I’ll have to find a story arc that keeps me interested in my own work, something that I’ve never had trouble with when working on Horror or Fantasy.

Let’s see what happens…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Limehouse Golem- My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: When Elizabeth's husband is found dead, all fingers point to her. But is it really her or the work of a serial killer? If like me, you’ve read hundreds of mysteries and are enthused about Sherlock Holmes tales, THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM is actually pretty predictable. Set in the Victorian Era, it promises to instil fear in you. Before Jack the Ripper, there was Golem- such is the tagline and you do want it to be the kind of movie that keeps you guessing until the very end as to the true identity of the killer.   Unlike the Jack the Ripper legend, Golem is easily recognizable in the very first instance the character is introduced.

Delirium (2018)— My take on the movie with spoilers!

PLOT SUMMARY: After leaving the asylum and put in house arrest, Tom begins to believe the house is either haunted or he is hallucinating.  Most times, when we think about criminals, we wonder what could possible have prompted them to fall into a life of crime.

Look Away— my take on the movie with spoilers!

Plot Summary: A bullied girl switches places with her reflection. She soon regrets her decision as people start dying.  What matters most? Looks or confidence? When we see someone for the first time, we do notice their looks, the way they dress. Personality and their ability to initiate and hold a conversation comes second, doesn't it? Imagine meeting someone who is good looking but is dull to the core. Now imagine someone with average looks but is someone you can have fun with or have an intellectual conversation. Which seems more attractive? Look Away takes a very bold stand where appearances are concerned. But also about self-confidence. In the end, the only argument it makes is that one cannot possess both attributes. LOOK AWAY Movie Plot  We are introduced to a timid girl, Maria whose father is a plastic surgeon. Her mother is shown to have no say of her own. She is left to watch her husband ridicule his daughter about not being careful with her looks. Maria has a friend Lily